Thank you for choosing Estatik. To make you enjoy our products in full we have prepared this detailed step-by-step documentation. It will teach you how to set up, configure, manage and update Estatik Pro and Simple versions.
Before installing the plugin and its widgets, make sure that you have everything prepared for that:
- file with plugin downloaded from estatik.net
- WordPress of version 4.0 or higher
- activated Estatik themes or any other WordPress theme
- proper hosting settings, i.e.:
Also Estatik works smoothly with:
- Linux Host
- Apache Server 2.x.x or higher
- PHP 5.3.x or higher
- MySQL 5.x.x or higher
- WordPress 3.0.1 or higher
- CURL Library
- Allow_url_fopen set to ON in php.ini
- cPanel (recommended but not necessary)
- GD Library
To install the plugin properly, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel (sample.com/wp-admin).
- Go to Plugins > Add new
- Click Upload button
- Click Browse button and select the file with plugin downloaded from estatik.net.
- Click on Install now button and wait.
- You will see the message that plugin was installed successfuly if installation was done properly.
- Activate the plugin right away to start working with it immediately.
Before creating your property listings, we advise you to configure data manager according to your requirements.
Data manager is a list of customizable values and features that you choose when adding your property listing. Property category, status, type, location, features, dimensions and currency settings should be set up and checked in this part of the plugin.
To open Data Manager, go to Estatik >> Data Manager, and check the tabs one by one. To add new fields, just enter information in the fields and click Add new field.
To delete the field, just click check mark of the field selected and it will be deleted.
In Settings of Estatik plugin you can configure yes/no display settings, layout settings, sizes of images, currency and sharing settings.
Please note that layouts can be different from those in Settings depending on a device and theme settings you are using currently.
Default size of agent and property photo can be changed in Settings as well.
Please note that size of property images in a list view can be different from the on in settings because of plugin responsive layout support. However the code can be customized and you can change it any time.
Newly updated sizes will be valid only for newly uploaded images. Images uploaded before should be uploaded again.
The next step is configuring currency. Check out screenshot below:
Social sharing is easily configured in Sharing tab of Settings.
Locations and addresses of properties are also added via Data Manager section.
Go to Data Manager >> Location and start with adding countries/country your listings are located in.
Then add states/regions and cities to each one. All address fields in location are interrelated.
To update Simple version you can easily via Plugins section and clicking Update link.
But if you have the Pro version, the procedure is a little more complicated.
Please DO MAKE BACKUP before update. This is a must for those who customized the plugin as you will have to transfer the changes to the new version.
You should override the file with the plugin via ftp. Get to your website via cpanel and open the folder with your website and then go to content folder:
Then open plugins folder:
Upload to this folder file with a new version and extract it there:
If you are using the version 2.0 and higher, you can just delete the previous version and install the new one.
If you face with any issues, contact us and we will help you with this procedure!
Before you install the new version of Estatik, please make sure that you didn’t customize it and change the code.
If you did some changes in Estatik code, please be ready to make them again and transfer the changes manually as regular update will not save those changes.
To upgrade Simple to Pro version, please purchase Estatik Pro first, download it via email link and go to your wp-admin >> Estatik >> Estatik Pro.
There you will find Browse field and Upload button. Have a look at screenshot below:
You can be sure that all listings added before will be remained. All you need is to add extra information to pro tabs and fields.
To import properties to your website, first please download sample of CSV file from Estatik plugin. To do this, go to Estatik >> CSV Import and press Download sample button.
Then open your CSV file with Excel and you will see how new properties should be added to the file.
To continue you can remove sample data and add your listings data in the same file.
Save the file and return to Estatik >> CSV Import and Upload your CSV file.
If you did everything correctly, new properties will be displayed in Estatik >> My listings.
Important: please note that you can’t import images via csv files. You can download them manually to your new properties.
To add map to the page with listings, you should create page with corresponding shortcode.
Also, please configure the map icons, color, width, zoom level in Estatik >> Settings >> Map view.
1. To create menus via pages, please enter shortcodes below into single page:
[es_my_listing] = All listings list
[es_agents] = All agents list
[es_featured_props] = Featured properties list
[es_latest_props] = Latest properties list
[es_cheapest_props] = Cheapest properties list
[es_profile] = Profile of agent page (for PRO only)
[es_prop_management] = Properties management (for PRO only)
[es_register] = Agents registration (for PRO only)
[es_login] = Log in page (for PRO only)
2. To create search results page please create the page with shortcode [es_search] and select the page in Search widget settings – drop-down Search.
3. To create listings of specific category, type or status – use sample shortcodes below:
[es_category category="for sale"] = Properties for sale
[es_category type="house"] = List of houses
[es_category status="open"] = Properties open for sale/rent
4. Below are shortcodes for map view:
[es_property_map] = All properties (for PRO only)
[es_property_map type="for-rent"] = Properties for rent (for PRO only)
[es_property_map type="for-sale"] = Properties for sale (for PRO only)
[es_property_map prop_id="12, 24, 26"] = Specific properties (for PRO only)
5. To assign different layouts to different pages, please use shortcodes below:
Agents can register themselves via site or they can be added by Admin manually.
1. To add Agent manually Admin should go to Estatik >> Add new agent and fill in the fields with agent’s detail and upload photo.
2. To register Agent needs to open Log in page and follow registration procedure. Admin gets notification email about new registrations as well as new properties submitted. He can activate them via website admin – Estatik >> Agents and Estatik >> Properties.
Once new agents are added to Estatik, they are added to Users with role – Agent.
To add new property, go to Estatik plugin >> Add new property.
Fill in the fields with property detail. Information in the tabs Features, Address and Neighbourhood can be edited in Data Manager. We recommend you to configure this part before you add new properties to your website.
Do not forget to Save the information before closing the page.
With Estatik plugin you can assign to separate menus properties of different categories, types, statuses, single properties, featured/latest/cheapest properties, all agents, agent profile, properties management panel.
Make sure that you have your screen options configured right – check mark Properties, Property categories, types, statuses.
To do it succesfully, please open Appearance >> Menus, choose menu which you want to configure and select from the left column page, property, category, type, or status you want to assign to menu item.
To add video to Estatik Pro, please open your wp-admin and go to Estatik >> Add new property >> Media.
There you should enter the embed code of your video which you can get on website from your video provider.
To activate Subscriptions, please go to Settings >> Subscriptions and select Enable Subscription as it is displayed on screenshot.
Before creating plans, please configure Subscriptions. Otherwise you will never get it working correctly.
1. Select if you want to approve listings yourself or make this process automatic.
2. Select currency for subscriptions. Please note that default currency for listings price and price for subscriptions can differ and you need to configure both of them.
In case if you do not find the currency you need, contact us and we will help you to add it via the code.
3. Please select and assign correct pages for registration page, management page and table page, i.e. you should have pages with shortcodes – [es_register], [es_prop_management], [es_subscription_table].
4. Next step is to check and edit the text for email that Agent receives when his subscription plan is over.
5. Finally configure PayPal settings – select type that you are using, mode if you are testing or using in live mode and your PayPal email.
When you activated Subscriptions, you can see Add new subscription option in Estatik plugin sections.
Click on Add new subscription and fill in the form that is opened.
Please note that Subscription period is period during which Agent is allowed to publish listings if he is subscribed to specific plan/subscription. For example if you set the form like is below, it means that agent can publish 5 listings per day during the week for $10. When week passes, he has to renew his plan and pay $5.
If you need to create Free plan, create it just entering 0 in Price field.
Table with your subscription plans will appear on your website only after you create page with shortcode – [es_subscription_table].
Once you do it, you will get your plans available for agents.
Together with Estatik Pro plugin Request form widget is installed as well. You can find it in Appearance >> Widgets in Available widgets area.
Drag and drop it to the required Sidebar and configure its settings: title, request message and receiver options.
Slideshow widget is installed together with Estatik Pro plugin and can be found as well as Search in Appearance >> Widgets.
Please drag it to the Sidebar you want it to be displayed and configure options highlighted on a screenshot below:
Click Save to save your settings.
To activate it, you need to drag widget from Available widgets area to Sidebar you want it to be displayed. Just go to Appearance >> Widgets and have a look at a screenshot bellow:
What you can do with it is to select layout – vertical or horizontal, to select what fields should be switched on and which of them not active, on which pages to show and hide it.
Do not forget to save your settings.