Thank you for choosing Estatik. To make you enjoy our products in full we have prepared this detailed step-by-step documentation. It will teach you how to set up, configure, manage and update Estatik Pro and Simple versions.
Before installing the plugin and its widgets, make sure that you have everything prepared for that:
- file with plugin downloaded from estatik.net
- WordPress of version 4.0 or higher
- activated Estatik themes or any other WordPress theme
- proper hosting settings, i.e.:
Also Estatik works smoothly with:
- Linux Host
- Apache Server 2.x.x or higher
- PHP 5.3.x or higher
- MySQL 5.x.x or higher
- WordPress 3.0.1 or higher
- CURL Library
- Allow_url_fopen set to ON in php.ini
- cPanel (recommended but not necessary)
- GD Library
To install the plugin properly, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel (sample.com/wp-admin).
- Go to Plugins > Add new
- Click Upload button
- Click Browse button and select the file with plugin downloaded from estatik.net.
- Click on Install now button and wait.
- You will see the message that plugin was installed successfuly if installation was done properly.
- Activate the plugin right away to start working with it immediately.
Check a screenshot below and detailed explanation under it.
- 1. Powered link – Yes/No – You can switch off link Powered by www.estatik.net which is published in the bottom of the page by default.
- 2. Listing publishing – Automatic/Manual. If it is set to Yes, it means that all listings that are added by Agent will be published automatically without Admin approval.
- 3. Number of listings per page = number of listings that you can see on the page.
- 4. Show price – Select No to hide the price.
- 5. Title/Address allows to select what you want to be placed on frontend in the title of the listing. Show Address – select No to hide the address.
- 6. Show Labels – leave it active or hide them.
- 7. Date Added field – can be switched off by this option. Date format – Select the one you want from drop-down field.
- 8. Theme Style – great option to adjust the plugin according to your theme style. Light for light skins and dark for dark ones.
- 9. Google Map API key – read here please.
- 10. Logo settings – it is LOGO image for admin login page, not your website.
This is how your General Settings of the plugin can be configured. Feel free to contact us if something still remains not clear.
Layouts tab is created for playing with the plugin look and choosing the best layout of single property page and all listings page.
With Estatik PRO and Simple plugin you can select different currency and price format. In case if you need some currency which is not available in the plugin yet, drop us a message and we will add it for you and include in the next update.
Sharing tab allows you to switch off/on them on frontend on single property page.
When adding new listing, you will be asked to add Google Map API key first. To add it, go to General Settings of the plugin and fill in the field Google Map API key.
Before creating your property listings, we advise you to configure data manager according to your requirements.
Data manager is a list of customizable values and features that you choose when adding your property listing. Property category, status, type, features, labels settings should be set up and checked in this part of the plugin.
To open Data Manager, go to Estatik >> Data Manager, and check the tabs one by one. To add new fields, just enter information in the fields and click Add new field.
To delete the field, just click check mark of the field selected and it will be deleted.
If you have version 2.4.0 and older and need to update it to Estatik Simple or Pro ver. 3.0. Please follow the isntructions below.
1.Make sure that you have the latest backup of your website. Make it if you haven’t.
2. Deactivate and Delete the plugin via Plugins section in your admin area. Make sure that the plugin is deleted. If not, you will receive message that the folder ‘estatik’ already exists.
3. Install the new 3.0 version of the plugin downloaded on this website and activate it.
4. Once you activated new version, you will see new Migartion tab in the plugin settings. Click on Migrate button.
5. Migration process may take some time. It depends on how many listings and images you have. Please be patient and do not worry if it takes more time than you expected.
6. If the migration was completed successfully, you will see the page with all your listings:
To update Simple version you can easily via Plugins section and clicking Update link.
Estatik 2.4.0 and earlier versions do not allow to update without saving custom change. It means that if you have custom changes and need to update to the version 3.0 or higher, you will have to repeat customization or do not update.
Customers who have ver. 3.0 have no such problem and all customizations will be saved after every update.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding it, please contact us and we will reply all of them.
To upgrade Simple to Pro version, please purchase Estatik Pro first, download it via email link and go to your wp-admin >> Estatik >> Estatik Pro.
There you will find Browse field and Upload button. Have a look at screenshot below:
You can be sure that all listings added before will be remained. All you need is to add extra information to pro tabs and fields.
1.To import properties to your website, first please download sample of CSV file from Estatik plugin. To do this, go to Estatik >> CSV Import and press Download sample button.
2. Then open your CSV file with Excel and you will see how new properties should be added to the file.
To continue you can remove sample data and add your listings data in the same file.
How to include images into CSV file?
Images import is also possible as links to the files. You need to enter the links in the format e.g. https://estatik.net/document/csv-import/csv_import_1-3/ in the column of the CSV file – Image
3. Save the file with the same format – *csv and return to Estatik >> CSV Import and Upload your CSV file.
If you did everything correctly you will see bar like this:
New listings will be displayed in Status you selected in your Listings page:
To add map to the page with listings, you should create page with corresponding shortcode.
Also, please configure the map icons, color, width, zoom level in Estatik >> Settings >> Map view.
1. To create menus via pages, please enter shortcodes below into single page:
[es_my_listing] = All listings list
[es_agents] = All agents list
[es_featured_props] = Featured properties list
[es_latest_props] = Latest properties list
[es_cheapest_props] = Cheapest properties list
[es_profile] = Profile of agent page (for PRO only)
[es_prop_management] = Properties management (for PRO only)
[es_register] = Agents registration (for PRO only)
[es_login] = Log in page (for PRO only)
2. To create search results page please create the page with shortcode [es_search] and select the page in Search widget settings – drop-down Search.
3. To create listings of specific category, type or status – use sample shortcodes below:
[es_category category="for sale"] = Properties for sale
[es_category type="house"] = List of houses
[es_category status="open"] = Properties open for sale/rent
4. Below are shortcodes for map view:
[es_property_map] = All properties (for PRO only)
[es_property_map type="for-rent"] = Properties for rent (for PRO only)
[es_property_map type="for-sale"] = Properties for sale (for PRO only)
[es_property_map prop_id="12, 24, 26"] = Specific properties (for PRO only)
5. To assign different layouts to different pages, please use shortcodes below:
Agents can register themselves via site or they can be added by Admin manually.
1. To add Agent manually Admin should go to Estatik >> Add new agent and fill in the fields with agent’s detail and upload photo.
2. To register Agent needs to open Log in page and follow registration procedure. Admin gets notification email about new registrations as well as new properties submitted. He can activate them via website admin – Estatik >> Agents and Estatik >> Properties.
Once new agents are added to Estatik, they are added to Users with role – Agent.
To add new property, go to Estatik plugin >> Add new property.
Fill in the fields with property detail. Information in the tabs Features, Address and Neighbourhood can be edited in Data Manager. We recommend you to configure this part before you add new properties to your website.
Do not forget to Save the information before closing the page.
With Estatik plugin you can assign to separate menus properties of different categories, types, statuses, single properties, featured/latest/cheapest properties, all agents, agent profile, properties management panel.
Make sure that you have your screen options configured right – check mark Properties, Property categories, types, statuses.
To do it succesfully, please open Appearance >> Menus, choose menu which you want to configure and select from the left column page, property, category, type, or status you want to assign to menu item.
To add video to Estatik Pro, please open your wp-admin and go to Estatik >> Add new property >> Media.
There you should enter the embed code of your video which you can get on website from your video provider.
To activate and use Subscription features, please make sure that you have registered Advanced PayPal Payments account.
Please check screenshot below and its detailed explanation under it.
- 1. Enable Subscription. By default this option is set to No. That means that every User who registered as Agent is allowed to submit his listings right away. If you change it to YES, website will require Agent to choose and subscribe to one of Subscription Plans.
- 2. Subscription Expired Subject. Please write there Subject that is most appropriate for you.
3. Subscription Expired Message. Here you can see the default message about expiration of subscription plan. You can edit it according to your requirements.
4. PayPal Subscription Settings.
PayPal Mode – select Sandbox Test mode or Live mode.
To test it before launching, please log in here >> and create Test account. Then you need to click on Profile of your Business test account:
Popup window will show you required credentials in API Credentials tab for filling up fields in admin settings / Business credentials:
Thus you will have this information in your Subscription test mode settings:
Once you configured admin area, to test payment procedure, please enter Buyer credentials from your sandbox account when you will be redirected to PayPal page:
Make sure that you have activated Subscriptions in Settings:
When you activated Subscriptions, you can see Add new subscription option in Estatik plugin sections.
Click on Add new subscription and fill in the form that is opened.
Check below explanatory screenshot to fill in the fields correctly:
1. Property qty – Quantity of listings that this specific Plan allows to add.
2. Featured qty – The number of listings that can be marked with Featured label.
3. Period – The period of time after which this specific Subscription plan will expire and needed to be prolonged to be valid.
4. Currency – Currency for Subcriptions prices.
5. Price renewal – Sum of money that must be paid to renew Subscription plan.
6. Trial period – In case if Admin will decide to offer free trials, this is the field where you can select periods: Week, Month, Year.
Table with your subscription plans will appear on your website only after you create page with shortcode – [es_subscription_table].
Once you do it, you will get your plans available for agents.
Together with Estatik Pro plugin Request form widget is installed as well. You can find it in Appearance >> Widgets in Available widgets area.
Drag and drop it to the required Sidebar and configure its settings: title, request message and receiver options.
Slideshow widget is installed together with Estatik Pro plugin and can be found as well as Search in Appearance >> Widgets.
Please drag it to the Sidebar you want it to be displayed and configure options highlighted on a screenshot below:
Click Save to save your settings.
To activate it, you need to drag widget from Available widgets area to Sidebar you want it to be displayed. Just go to Appearance >> Widgets and have a look at a screenshot bellow:
What you can do with it is to select layout – vertical or horizontal, to select what fields should be switched on and which of them not active, on which pages to show and hide it.
Do not forget to save your settings.